Our core prinicples
At CCCS we provide an education that helps children mature not only academically, but also in physical health, spiritual development and as a respectful member of their community.
MIND - A scholarly approach to learning and a commitment to wisdom and lifelong learning.
Students at CCCS are expected to demonstrate:
- Effective reading, writing, and oral communication skills
- A methodical and reasoned approach to learning and problem solving
- The ability to work collaboratively in small and large problem solving groups
- Evidence of original authorship and academic integrity
- A sense of personal organization including time management, prioritizing, and planning
- The ability to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information from a wide range of sources
- An appreciation for varying world views and ability to establish personal boundaries while respecting others
- Growth and learning from the joy of success and the frustration of failure
- The ability to reflect upon one’s personal experiences in order to form judgment and make needed changes in one’s life
BODY - A recognition of the value of healthy, active living.
CCCS recognizes the value of healthy, active living and proper nutrition and promotes these ideals through our curriculum and expectations. We offer:
- Fitness classes weekly
- Recess Daily in Central Park
- Health and Wellness Curriculum
- After School Sports Clubs
Spirit - A personal spirituality based on prayer, faith tradition, relationship with community and living one’s beliefs through service to God and man.
At CCCs we start each day with a morning gathering, providing a daily grounding of kindness, gratitude and respect. Students at CCCS demonstrate:
- A strong sense of self-worth and compassion for others
- An awareness of God’s love by extending that love to self, family, friends, and the community
- An empathy for others, especially those from races, religions, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds different from his/her own
- An ability to articulate one’s own faith and beliefs
- An awareness of other religions and an appropriate respect for their beliefs
- The skill to evaluate moral choices and issues
- The ability to make responsible decisions based on Christian values
- The ability to form respectful relationships
- A deep sense of spirituality and a desire for spiritual growth
Community - A recognition that a strong sense of community is essential to the formation of productive, responsible and conscientious citizens.
At CCCS not only do we stress the importance of our internal school community, but we also utilize many components of the Cape Charles Community in our daily school lives. Examples include partnering with the Cape Charles Memorial Library, Arts Enter, Impact Fitness and other town businesses. We use the Cape Charles Central Park facilities for recess daily as well as for school-wide outdoor events.